“Blog carnivals are a great way for bloggers to recognize each other’s efforts, organize blog posts around important topics, and improve the overall level of conversation in the blogosphere.” – BlogCarnival.com
I have fond memories of my time as an active participant in the online music education community while I was in graduate school. One of my favorite initiatives was the music education blog carnival, a monthly post that linked to several new music education blog posts across the web. Many different teachers took turns to host the monthly posts on their own sites and I looked forward to reading the compiled articles.
Due to other responsibilities, I took a long break from the online music education community but have spent the last two weeks getting back into it. While I’ve already learned so much from reconnecting with other music teachers on Facebook and Twitter, one thing that I’ve noticed is that it’s a little bit harder to find great new music education content in 2014 than it was in 2011.
So let’s bring back the monthly music education blog carnival!
How this will work
- Music education blog carnival editions will be posted on the first Tuesday of each month.
- Music educators will sign up with me to host an edition. I’ll work with them to assign a month that they can commit to and post the schedule on my website so we know where to look for the next edition.
- When it is your turn to host, spread the word by posting on your blog and social media accounts to let others know that they can submit articles to you. Make sure to set a submission deadline that you’re comfortable with so entries don’t come in too last-minute for you.
- Music educators will submit articles to that month’s blog carnival host. Articles should be published on the educator’s blog during the month prior to the blog carnival. For example, the June blog carnival will feature articles posted in May.
- The host will compile all of the articles and post the carnival on the scheduled date!
I will be hosting the first blog carnival on Tuesday, June 3.
Ready to get involved?
- Sign up to host a future blog carnival by filling out my quick and easy sign-up form! I’ll get in touch to make sure we pick a month that works well for you.
- Submit your articles for June’s blog carnival via my Twitter, Facebook, or by leaving a comment to this blog post!
I’m looking forward to seeing what we can put together!